M.Ed. Educational Leadership
Applications for the 2021/2022 cohort are now closed. We invite you to join our mailing list for more information about the Educational Leadership program and our next admission cycle!
Applicants interested in pursuing the optional Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (PASC) offered through our partnership with the San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) should refer to the admissions process here. EDL students and alumni may complete the credential in half the time for half the cost. Please note the PASC admissions process is separate from admissions to the GSE. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Earned BA/BS from a regionally accredited university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Applicants with a lower GPA must include an explanation of their academic qualifications in their application. If the degree was earned outside of the U.S., the transcript must be evaluated for equivalence by World Education Services, Inc. (WES). A Course-by-Course Report from WES must be submitted with your application. The WES ICAP or WES Basic service is acceptable.
- At least three years prior experience working in schools is strongly preferred.
- The program requires a strong command of written and spoken English prior to entry. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to achieve the following scores on either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or The International English Language Testing System (IELTS):
- TOEFL minimum scores: 550 on the paper-based version, or 216 on the computer based version, or 80 on the internet-based version (iBT). TOEFL scores must be no more than two years old at time of application. You can request for your scores to be sent directly to the institution through ETS by entering the school code B433 when requesting your test scores.
- IELTS minimum score of 7.5 on the Academic Module with with individual section scores (e.g., reading, writing, listening and speaking) of at least 7.5.
- If applying as an international student, the HTH GSE is approved to offer F-1 visas. You can find more information about studying in the U.S. and applying for the F-1 visa here.
- The GRE is not required for admission to the HTH GSE.