Admissions for the 2021/22 cohort is now open with a priority deadline of February 19th. Review the Application Instructions and apply today!
The High Tech High Graduate School of Education is committed to building a community of adult learners that reflects the diversity of California’s students and does not discriminate in its procedures and programs or employment determinations on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, creed, religion, national origin or on the basis of any other protected classification as defined by applicable state and federal law.
Upon Enrollment into the program, students must submit evidence of the following by August 1st:
- Earned BA/BS degree
- Degree earned from a regionally accredited university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Applicants with a lower GPA should include an explanation of their academic qualifications in their application.
- If the degree was earned outside of the U.S., the transcript must be evaluated for equivalence by World Education Services, Inc. (WES). A Course-by-Course Report from WES must be submitted with your application. The WES ICAP or WES Basic service is acceptable.
- The GRE is not required for admission to the HTH GSE.
- Basic Skills Requirement
- The basic skills requirement measures reading, mathematics, and writing skills. Candidates can meet this requirement by passing the CA Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST). Candidates can also fulfill this requirement by providing scores from the following tests: SAT (550+ Math and 500+ English), or ACT (23+ Math and 22+ English). See Commission Leaflet CL-667 for additional methods of meeting this requirement.
- Fingerprint Clearance Requirement
- Fingerprint clearance accounts for professional fitness to work in a CA Public or Charter school. Candidates can meet this requirement by applying for a Certificate of Clearance (instructions CL-900). Educators who hold a valid CTC issued substitute teaching permit have already met this requirement.
- Subject Matter Proficiency Requirement
- Subject matter proficiency measures a specific set of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities reflecting the subject area taught. Candidates can meet this requirement by passing the appropriate CA Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) series of subtests. Educators seeking a single subject credential may meet this requirement by completion of a Commission-approved Subject Matter Waiver Program.
- TB Screening Requirement
- TB screening is to prevent the transmission of tuberculosis in CA public schools and charters. Educators must provide negative TB results or TB Assessment administered by a healthcare professional.
The High Tech High Graduate School of Education is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, (510) 748-9001.