Funding & Financial Aid
M.Ed. students are eligible to apply for Federal Financial Aid and indicate interest in receiving available fellowship funding through the application process.
- Diversity Fellowships are available to both part-time and full-time students. For our purposes, diversity includes, but is not limited to, culture, socioeconomic background, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, and life experience.
- School Leadership Resident Fellowships for students to spend a year in residence at HTH and earn their M.Ed. at a reduced tuition rate.
- International Student Fellowships for those applying through the F-1 visa program to receive a reduced tuition rate.
- New School Creation Fellowship for educators from the following urban centers who wish to open a new school are eligible: Atlanta, Boston, Camden, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Memphis, New Orleans, New York, Oakland, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, and Washington, D.C.
All fellowships are based on merit, need, and diversity. Fellowships are awarded along with the offer of admission. If you are interested in applying for a particular fellowship, please note this in your application cover letter.
M.Ed. students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid. The aid available to HTH GSE students consists primarily of William D. Ford Federal Direct Loans (Unsubsidized), Federal Graduate PLUS Loans, and Federal Work Study. Degree-seeking graduate students are eligible for federal financial aid if they:
- are enrolled in 4.5 or more units per term,
- meet the HTH GSE’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy,
- are in good standing with prior federal loans,
- are citizens of the United States (or eligible non-citizens)
M.Ed. in Educational Leadership Cost of Attendance
Program tuition is $25,000. Scholarships of up to $10,000 are available to candidates committed to serving as teacher-leaders or school-leaders in public K-12 schools external to High Tech High.
|Part-Time Year 1||Part-Time Year 2||Resident|
|Room and Board||10,220||9,198||10,220|
*Note: The cost of tuition is typically reduced through available fellowships.
M.Ed. in Teaching & Learning Cost of Attendance
Program tuition is $20,000. Diversity Fellowships of up to $4,000 are available and includes, but is not limited to, culture, socioeconomic background, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, and life experience.
|Full-Time (Year 1)||Part-Time (Year 2)|
|Room and Board||10,220||9,198|