PBL Leadership Academy
High Tech High & California Department of Education PBL Leadership Academy
PBL for Today
Project-based learning grounds education in larger, purposeful endeavors—and students’ communities and lived experiences—to facilitate dynamic growth among students and educators.
Build Your Design Skills
Develop your creative capacities as you design, critique, and implement original solutions with your colleagues and students to address your school-communities’ authentic needs.
Join a Powerful Network
Join a dedicated community of educators committed to growing the practices and principles that sustain deeper learning across California.
The 2022–2023 Academy
In the PBL Leadership Academy, you will...
- Learn together in two Leadership Institutes at HTH:
- Fall Institute: October 20–21, 2022
- Spring Institute: April 27–28, 2023
- Collaborate monthly with a current HTH educator who serves as your Team Mentor.
- Together, you will develop your PBL practices, design PBL curriculum, access resources, and more.
- Your mentor can offer customized workshops, critique protocols, ideation sessions, and more.
- Join online professional learning communities and events:
- All teams will reconnect in the Winter Institute, held online for two afternoons, after school hours on January 25 & 26, 2023.
- You will be invited to several additional workshops held online in the fall and spring—which will also be open to your colleagues and students!
- Earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through the HTH Graduate School of Education.
Who Can Apply to the PBL Leadership Academy?
Who should be on our team?
How Do I Apply to the PBL Leadership Academy?
How much does the PBL Leadership Academy cost?
Participation costs $650 per participant ($2600 per team of four).
Participation is generously supported for California public school educators by the California Department of Education.